The resources section will always be a work in progress!
If you want to know when additions and changes are made click here.
If you would like to submit new resources or corrections to resources listed email TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org.
The information and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Full Life Ahead Foundation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The Full Life Ahead Foundation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- A Child Forever, a program of the Kid’s Wish Network, offers funeral assistance to the families of their wish kids who have passed away prior to 21 years of age, to help ensure a proper end of life ceremony. 888-918-9004 www.kidswishnetwork.org/programs/funeral-assistance The loss of a child is one of the most devastating experiences a family can go through. No one is taught how to deal with this loss, but when it happens, our wish families do not have to go through it alone. Kids Wish Network is here to assist them
- ACT Today! Grant Program – http://www.act-today.org/act-today-grant-program.php ACT Today! is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to raise awareness and provide treatment services and support to families to help their children with autism achieve their full potential. ACT Today! 19019 Ventura Blvd. Suite 200 Tarzana, CA 91356 818-705-1625
- The Alternative Finance Program is a program for individuals with disabilities and their families. It allows qualified applicants to borrow money at low interest or extended terms for the purchase of assistive technology, adaptive equipment and related services. To learn more visit www.sdfalabama.com
- Autism Support Network – Web page with several different grant offerings for individuals/families: http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/resources/autism-grants-united-states
- First Hand Foundation is a public, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization separate from Cerner with a mission to directly impact the health status of a young life. First Hand strives to change children’s lives around the world, one child at a time. We do this by providing funding for clinical necessities (such as medication, therapy and surgery), medical equipment and travel related to a child’s care. 2800 Rockcreek Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64117 Firsthandfoundation@cerner.com 816.201.1569https://applications.cerner.com/firsthand/default.aspx
- Individual & Family Support services are provided by local volunteer councils statewide. Oversight is provided by five Regional Support Councils. This program of assistance to Alabamians with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injury was establish by the Alabama Legislature in 1993. To get more information seek one of the following contact persons based on the County where you live. Individual and Family Support Statewide List
- The Medical Assistance Grant Program, a program of Easter Seals of the Birmingham area assists individuals in paying for medical requirements of children and adults who have disabilities and who are unable to provide for their own needs. To access the Medical Assistance Program Application (PDF) visit http://dev.eastersealsbham.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Medical-Assistance-Program-Application.pdf The Adult Therapy Program/ Administrative Services 2717 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233, (205) 942-6277, (205) 945-4906 Fax; The Pediatric Therapy Services in Pelham, Alabama, 2685 Pelham Parkway Suite C, Pelham, Alabama, (205) 621-6503, (205) 621-6507 Fax
- The M.O.R.G.A.N. Project, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing small grants to the parents of chronically-ill children with life-long physical disabilities. The M.O.R.G.A.N. Project, Inc. is not a disease-specific organization, and applications will be considered regardless of the underlying disease, disorder or diagnosis that results in the physical disability of the child. The Quality of Life Enhancement Program has a specific grant cycle/time line and each year only specific items may be funded. 411 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951 www.themorganproject.org QOL@themorganproject.org
- The United Healthcare Children’s Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity dedicated to facilitating access to medical-related services that have the potential to significantly enhance either the clinical condition or the quality of life of the child and that are not fully covered by the available commercial health benefit plan. This “support” is in the form of a medical grant to be used for medical services not covered or not completely covered by commercial health benefit plans.www.uhccf.org 1 855-MY-UHCCF / 1 (855-698-4223) UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation, MN017-W400, PO Box 41, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0041