Below you will find the job listing and resume submission for the Full Life Ahead Foundation Executive Director.
Mission: Individuals with disAbilities have HOPE and a FUTURE. The Full Life Ahead Foundation, Inc., helps families DISCOVER and IMPLEMENT them.
The Executive Director works in partnership with the Board of Directors and the staff to provide leadership and direction for The Full Life Ahead Foundation, Inc., and to develop organizational strategy. The Executive Director implements policies, vision and strategy developed and approved by the Board, manages the organization’s programs and operations, and represents the organization in the community. Specific responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support mission
- implement and measure meaningful benchmarks for mission objectives and goals
- Leading the staff and Board in developing a realistic annual budget, and making financial decisions consistent with the budget as approved by the Board
- Developing a staffing structure that supports the efficient delivery of program goals and services, accomplishment of goals identified in the strategic plan, and effective overall management
- Hiring, managing and advancing opportunities for the staff, including the implementation and ongoing revision of personnel policies approved by the Board and managing the staff performance review process
- Leading fundraising efforts, including supporting the Board’s involvement in fundraising, personally cultivating and soliciting donor champions, and supervising implementation of fundraising plans and policies approved by the Board
- Leading in the development of volunteer champions and their performance advance consistent with individual goals
- Providing regular, timely internal financial statements to the Board of directors that compare performance to budget and to the previous year and benchmarks
- Planning for adequate cash flow to cover operational needs
- Conducting multi‐year financial analysis, reviewing trends, and engaging the Board in discussions about financial stability and sustainability, including the development of adequate operating reserves
- Complying with all local, state, and federal legal requirements
- Building positive relationships with partner organizations, policymakers, media, and others
- Representing the organization by participating in key associations and organizations, serving on committees and advisory groups, and speaking in public setting
THE FULL LIFE AHEAD FOUNDATION
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Overall Job Description
TEN BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. COMMIT TO OUR MISSION & VISION
Commit to understanding who we are. Mission: Individuals with disAbilities have HOPE and a FUTURE. The Full Life Ahead Foundation, Inc. helps families DISCOVER and IMPLEMENT them. We bring our H.O.P.E., Knowledge, Encouragement, and Connections for families who have a teen or adult with a disAbility. We understand the challenges and have the compassion needed based on our own experiences to help families plan and set goals for their future. We have been where they are and are able to show them there is a Full Life Ahead!
Participate with the Board as it develops vision for the organization. Keep mission at the forefront when making decisions about staffing, allocation of resources, and competing priorities. Guard against mission drift and revisit the mission regularly to make sure it remains relevant and fresh. Remember the Board holds the ultimate responsibility for decisions about mission.
2. LEAD the STAFF AND MANAGE the ORGANIZATION
Inspire and motivate employees. Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values and encourages excellence. Create a staff structure that supports the organizations goals. Ensure employees have the work environment, supplies, and equipment they need to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Support the growth and development of existing staff and volunteers. Ensure quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of programs and services. Lead by example. Involve the Board and between Board meetings the Executive Committee in significant decisions and directions. Be a Team Player.
3. EXERCISE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP
Be familiar with basic principles of finance and accounting. Monitor cash flow and understand trends in income and expense over time. Think long‐term: ensure the development of operating reserves and work towards building an endowment. Help the Board carry out their financial responsibilities by presenting the budget and interim financial statements on time.
4. LEAD AND MANAGE FUNDRAISING
Build relationships with key individual and institutional Donor Champions (People who give FLAF their time, talents and resources. FLAF engages with our Champions to assist them in helping achieve their individual purpose) and ensures effective Board involvement in fundraising. Speak compellingly and convincingly about why the organizations needs Champion support. Help the Board focus its attention on fundraising strategy and policy utilizing the Mission Increase model. Mission Increase collaborates with givers to help Christian ministries grow and more fully achieve their God-given missions by offering teaching, coaching, consulting, and matching grants rooted in a biblical approach to fundraising – all at no cost to ministries.
5.FOLLOW the HIGHEST ETHICAL STANDARDS, ENSURE ACCOUNTABILITY, and COMPLY with the LAW
Supervise staff and consultants who prepare and file required documents. Actively communicate issues that require Board oversight, such as Conflict of Interest Statements, Expense Reimbursement, and Payroll Checks. Establish work schedules and office hours of employees.
6. ENGAGE the BOARD in PLANNING and LEAD IMPLEMENTATION
Recognize the need for planning. In cooperation with the Executive Committee, consider how the Board may effectively contribute in the Vision and Strategic planning initiatives. Make planning a priority. Create methods for implementing and monitoring progress and achievement through meaningful benchmarks.
7.DEVELOP FUTURE LEADERSHIP
Assist in the development of future leaders within the Board. Develop leadership within the staff. Forge a strong partnership with the President, Executive Committee and Governance Committee. Assist the Governance and Nominating Committees in identifying future talent. Create a transition plan.
8.BUILD EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS and SERVE as an ADVOCATE – UTILIZING MISSION INCREASE MODEL
Serve as the professional image of The Full Life Ahead Foundation and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills. Delegate internal matters and dedicate appropriate time to network externally. Establish clear internal guidelines for staff relating to media.
9. ENSURE the QUALITY and EFFECTIVENESS of PROGRAMS
Listen to internal and external stakeholders to better understand expected outcomes. Develop a logic model (what you are trying to accomplish, why/how, and ways to measure success). Allocate sufficient resources to collect data on those served, changes/impact over time, and measurement of successes. Use outcome data to make management decisions and strengthen programs. Help the Board frame periodic discussions about program effectiveness, especially when programs are added/stopped or when more resources are needed to improve/expand.
10. SUPPORT the BOARD
Initiate and maintain a structure for Board work. Show consideration and respect toward Board members and facilitate interaction in Board relationships. Provide helpful and useful information to the Board. Promote Board accomplishments and productivity. Stand ready to assist Board members and Committees in their individual assignments for the Foundation.