The resources section will always be a work in progress!
If you want to know when additions and changes are made click here.
If you would like to submit new resources or corrections to resources listed email TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org.
The information and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Full Life Ahead Foundation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The Full Life Ahead Foundation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- Annual Statewide Conference Improving Outcomes for Children with Disabilities Parents and Teachers Together Alabama Parent Education Center’s Parent Training and Information Center For More Information, contact the Alabama Parent Education Center Parent Training and Information Center Project at 334-567-2252 or 866-532-7660, via Fax at 334-567-9938, firstname.lastname@example.org or via their www.alabamaparentcenter.com
- AL- APSE (Alabama Persons in Supported Employment) Conference –APSE, The Network on Employment was formed to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities. Supported employment enables people with disabilities who have not been successfully employed to work and contribute to society. Supported employment focuses on a person’s abilities and provides the supports the individual needs to be successful on a long-term basis. www.al-apse.org
- Alabama Assistive Technology Expo and Conference (ALATEC) An opportunity to see first-hand the latest in assistive technologies, practices and services for persons with disabilities. ALATEC will provide professional development and training to increase the knowledge and skills in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: adult services, education/learning, visual and hearing impairment, communication, and physical accessibility/mobility. ALATEC will provide a unique opportunity for vendors, persons with disabilities, their families and loved ones, professionals (e.g. educators, rehabilitation counselors, EI personnel, Speech/Language Pathologists, therapists and other service providers) to exchange and gather information relative to the accessibility and availability of assistive technology. For conference questions, call (334) 844-5193 or email email@example.com www.auburn.edu/outreach/alatec
- Alabama Disability Conference This conference is a cross-disability conference for individuals with all disabilities, their families, advocates, providers and policy 334-262-7688 or Toll-free: 1-866-243-9557 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.thearcofal.org/
- Alabama Rett Connect Resource Seminar Empower and Connecting Rett Syndrome Families. For more information or to register online go to www.alabamarettconnect.org
- AL PTI Workshops – Training is focused on assisting families to effectively access community support and other available resources, understanding special education law, increasing knowledge of and accessing alternative dispute resolution, and increase knowledge of other disability issues. For more information please call 334-567-2252 or toll free 866-532-7660.
- AL PTI: Parent Leadership Academy – Alabama Leadership Academy is a leadership training opportunity for parents, foster parents, or other caregivers who have children ages birth to 21 years of age with special needs. Parents will have the opportunity to develop advocacy and leadership skills, support networks, and positive parent-professional partnership. For more information please call 334-567-2252 or toll free 866-532-7660.
- By the Brook Retreat the Brook Retreat is a pampering weekend just for moms of children with special needs! Not only will you enjoy luxurious spa time, gourmet meals you will also receive encouragement, inspiration, dynamic worship and powerful teaching. All while spending quality time with other mom’s who “get it.” Go to the website at https://risingaboveministries.org/national-ministries/by-the-brook-retreat/.
- Early Intervention and Preschool Conference – Visit the website at www.ucpalabama.org for more details or contact Jeri Jackson at JBH50@aol.com (phone 334-293-7088).
- Family Leadership Luncheon and Training provided in partnership with the annual Early Intervention and Preschool Conference. This leadership event is by reservation ONLY Jeri Jackson at JBH50@aol.com (334-293-7088). Jeri Jackson is also the person to contact regarding financial assistance with travel costs for families wishing to attend this event.
- Transition Conference – Hosted by the Auburn Transition Leadership Institute, this conference focuses on the issues associated with helping youth with disabilities successfully integrate into community life. Auburn, AL https://web.auburn.edu/institute/