The resources section will always be a work in progress!
If you want to know when additions and changes are made click here.
If you would like to submit new resources or corrections to resources listed email TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org.
The information and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Full Life Ahead Foundation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The Full Life Ahead Foundation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- ABLEDATA is the premier database for unbiased, comprehensive information on products, solutions and resources to improve productivity and ease life’s tasks. www.abledata.com 800-227-0216.
- AbleLink changes lives with cognitive support technologies
- AbleNet is a world leader in assistive technology, curriculum, and services to help individuals with disAbilities lead productive and fulfilling lives.
- Access to Recreation carries a wide range of products from Fishing Aids to Crochet Aids, Exercise Equipment to Rehabilitation Equipment, Wheelchairs to Wheelchair Ramps and hundreds of other items. In an effort to further meet customer’s needs, Pediatric and Bariatric products have been recently added to the site. 1-800-634-4351 email@example.com www.accesstr.com/AMAZING/items.asp?Cc=31&Bc=
- ADRS Children’s Rehabilitation Service Augmentative Communication/Technology Clinic – Purpose: To provide evaluation and technical assistance related to augmentative communication and assistive technology for individuals with disabilities utilizing a team approach. Diagnoses: Neuromuscular diseases, neuro-motor disorders, traumatic brain injury (TBI), various genetic syndromes; dysarthria, aphasia, spinal cord injuries and others. Goals: To provide appropriate team evaluation, consultation, technical assistance, orientation and training, intervention planning and referral in a coordinated system of care so as to meet the functional needs of clients and allow them to reach their maximum potential. ADRS Phone: 334-293-7500, Toll-free number: 800-441-7607, Fax: 334-293-7383 http://www.rehab.state.al.us/individuals-and-families/childrens-rehabilitation-service/about-crs
- The Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) is the national network of community-based resource centers, developers, vendors, and others dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disAbilities, and increasing their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies.
- Autism & More – Smart board videos, iPod apps and such. The site has a focus on autism but the content could be helpful to anyone. www.willoughby-eastlake.k12.oh.us/classroom/technology/autism_and_more.htm
- High Tech Mobility offers a complete line of major brand mobility products including top of the line chairs, scooters, lifts, and driving accessories, vehicle customization, a wide variety of ramps and assisted living home improvements, rental vans and more. 141 Church Avenue, Hueytown, Alabama 35023 firstname.lastname@example.org (205)491-2109 Fax: (205)491-7772 877-791-2333 www.hightechmobility.com
- i-accessibility.com is the only place to find everything related to accessibility and iOS devices. www.i-accessibility.com 888-515-8120
- The Pass It On Center hosts the national database for all Assistive Technology reuse programs and more. www.passitoncenter.org/reuse_locations 800-497-8665
- STAR is “the go to place for AT (assistive technology)” in Alabama! You can visit www.al.at4all.com for a current inventory listing for each of Alabama’s Reuse Centers. The new website has the inventory available in “real time”, an account you can use to place “want ads” for the items you need that you do not see on the listing and a contact list for each of the “Participating Programs”. If you do not see an item you need, you can either place a “want ad”, which is monitored daily, or you can give the Center closest to you a call and ask to be placed on a “waiting list” for the item when it becomes available. The list of reutilized items that are available is quite extensive, but of course will vary almost daily according to what has been given to the programs and what has been requested from the programs. You may find anything from adaptive computer devices to wheelchairs! Products and services offered through STAR are: Device Reutilization (3-R Project, Anniston; Waste Not Program, Huntsville; Mobile Reuse Project, Mobile; CARE Project, Montgomery; ReMEDy Project, Birmingham; R.E.A.L. Project, Dothan), Training and Technical Assistance, Information and Referral, Public Awareness, and the Alternative Finance Program. To learn more visit www.sdfalabama.com
- T.A.S.C. of UCP provides individuals with disabilities, their families and/or advocates, and associated professionals access to assistive technology devices and services to increase independence at home, school, and work. 1856 Keats Drive, Huntsville, AL 35810 (256) 859-8300 Fax: (256) 859-4332 email@example.com www.ucptasc.org
- UCP Life Labs is a technology and grassroots-focused initiative of United Cerebral Palsy dedicated to identifying, developing, and supporting ideas that will make a difference in the lives of people with disAbilities. Through dynamic collaborations with individuals, businesses, and communities, we help bring innovative ideas to life.