The resources section will always be a work in progress!
If you want to know when additions and changes are made click here.
If you would like to submit new resources or corrections to resources listed email TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org.
The information and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Full Life Ahead Foundation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. The Full Life Ahead Foundation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- The Acura Mobility Program is proud to support the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. When you purchase or lease an Acura vehicle, you will be provided with a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 of the cost of aftermarket adaptive equipment that is installed on any eligible vehicle. www.mobilitymotoringprogram.com/mainpage.mob
- The Adaptive Driving Alliance has a network of dealers who are professionals who take pride in modifying and selling wheelchair vans, lifts and other adaptive automotive equipment and strive to exceed your expectations. Each member is a QAP™ participant. The QAP is a NMEDA certification that tells you they have made a special investment in quality. www.adamobility.com
- The Adaptive Driving and Training (ADT) Program is part of the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services/Lakeshore service delivery system. 205-870-5999 3830 Ridgeway Dr. Homewood, AL 35209 http://www.driversrehab.com/al/about/
- The Alternative Finance Program is a program for individuals with disabilities and their families. It allows qualified applicants to borrow money at low interest or extended terms for the purchase of assistive technology, adaptive equipment and related services. 334.293.7008, Kate.email@example.com www.sdfalabama.com
- The Association of Driver Rehabilitation Services supports professionals working in the field of driver education/driver training and transportation equipment modifications for persons with disAbilities through education and information dissemination. They can help you find Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialists and Driver Rehabilitation Specialists near you. www.aded.site-ym.com/?page=725 866-672-9466
- The mission of AMS Vans is to offer wheelchair conversion vans that provide families with special needs an affordable solution to enhance their lives dramatically. AMS Vans makes quality, safety, and customer satisfaction priorities in all new and used wheelchair accessible vans for sale. (800) 775-8267, 5555 Oakbrook Pkwy Suite 500, Norcross, GA 30093 firstname.lastname@example.org www.amsvans.com
- The Automobile Adaptive Equipment (AAE) program permits physically challenged persons to enter, exit, and/or operate a motor vehicle or other conveyance. Veterans are trained, through the VA Driver’s Rehabilitation Program, how to safely operate their vehicle on our nation’s roadways. The VA also provides necessary equipment such as platform wheelchair lifts, UVLs (under vehicle lifts), power door openers, lowered floors/raised roofs, raised doors, hand controls, left foot gas pedals, reduced effort and zero effort steering and braking, and digital driving systems. 1-800-827-1000 www.prosthetics.va.gov/AAE.asp
- BraunAbility offers more than 40 years of experience at providing a full line of mobility products to individuals and families of all needs. Whether you purchased a new handicap van, a used handicap van, or a van that’s equipped with a BraunAbility wheelchair lift, Braunability wants your mobility product to provide the best possible (and most hassle-free) experience. 1-800-488-0359, www.braunability.com
- Chrysler Automobility Program When the customer buys or leases any new Chrysler Corporation vehicle, Chrysler Corporation will provide cash reimbursement to help cover the cost of installing adaptive driver or passenger equipment on the vehicle. Conversions to full-size Ram Vans, Ram Wagons and mini-vans may be reimbursed up to $1000 while all other Chrysler Corporation cars, and trucks. https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx
- The Creative Mobility Group (CMG) team has over thirty years experience with certified mobility consultants and technicians that continuously maintain ethical conduct and standards. CMG provides accessible vans—rear-entry and side-entry lowered floor minivans, full-size conversion vans, and para-transit vehicles, as well as vehicle modifications such as hand controls, left-foot accelerators, wheelchair securement systems, scooter and power-chair hoists. 888-998-4264, www.creativemobilitygroup.com
- The Ford Mobility Motoring Program provides the customer with a check, directly from a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealer, for up to $1000 toward the exact cost of the installation of adaptive equipment when purchasing or leasing any eligible new Ford or Lincoln-Mercury vehicle. For more information, contact the Ford Mobility Motoring Program toll free at 800-952-2248 General questions: email@example.com https://www.fordmobilitymotoring.com/
- Freedom Motors, Inc. (FMI) has been converting vehicles to wheelchair accessibility for over twenty years. FMI will bring any handicap van or wheelchair accessible car, SUV mobility conversions directly to your home, anywhere in the country, for a free, no obligation, at home product demonstration. 1-800-625-6335 https://www.freedommotors.com/
- GM Mobility Program General Motors has developed certain vehicle components to facilitate the adaptive equipment installation process and help maintain the integrity of the vehicle’s engineering, quality and safety standards during that process. 1-800-353-3867 Find your rep. on their website: http://www.gmfleet.com/overview/mobility-vehicles.html
- Through the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, new vehicle purchasers/lessors who install or reinstall eligible adaptive mobility equipment on their new General Motors vehicles can receive a combination of financial assistance and the protection and convenience of OnStar. Participating GM divisions include Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn and Saab. 1-800-353-3867, www.gmmobility.com/mobility-reimbursements
- HDS Vans & Mobility 3747 Pine Lane, Bessemer, AL 35022 (877) 6275-4907
- The Honda Customer Mobility Assistance Program is proud to support the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. Honda will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for expenses incurred to purchase and install qualifying adaptive equipment on any eligible purchased or leased Honda vehicle. www.automobiles.honda.com/information/mobility-assistance.aspx
- The Hyundai Mobility Program will assist Hyundai owners with up to $1,000 toward the cost of installation of new adaptive equipment in a new Hyundai vehicle purchased by an authorized Hyundai dealership. www.hyundaiusa.com/financial-tools/mobility-program.aspx
- The Lexus Mobility Program reimburses the vehicle owner up to $1,000 cash for after-market adaptive equipment for drivers and/or passengers when installed on any eligible Lexus vehicle purchased or leased new. This applies to model years 2001 and later. www.lexus.com/models/LS/accessories/mobility_program.html
- Magic Mobility is a widely acclaimed Wheelchair Assistance Program with the Special Kids Fund that helps needy families nationwide access handicap vans for their disabled family members. Requests must be made on their website: Charity Office: 732-397-5056 Donations: 877-671-2911 MagicMobility.org.
- Mobility by Volvo provides up to $1,000 in financial assistance toward the cost of adding adaptive equipment to an eligible new 2004 Volvo and up to $200 on alert hearing devices. Maximum reimbursement is $1,000. http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8927/~/what-is-mobility-by-volvo%3F
- The Mobility Resource With over 80 independent handicap van dealers nationwide, The Mobility Resource is one of the largest adaptive driving networks in the U.S. featuring the largest online inventory of handicap accessible vehicles. 1.866.771.7770 www.themobilityresource.com
- National Mobility Equipment Dealer’s Association (NMEDA) is a non-profit trade association of mobility equipment dealers, manufacturers, driver rehabilitation specialists and other professionals dedicated to expanding opportunities for people with disabilities to drive or be transported in vehicles modified with mobility equipment. All members work together to improve transportation options of people with disabilities. 866.948.8341, firstname.lastname@example.org www.nmeda.com
- Parking Mobility is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community education and enforcement program designed to efficiently address accessible parking abuse in your community. As persons with a disability, we fully appreciate the importance and impact accessible parking has on health and safety. Our mission is to improve awareness in order to enhance access to everyday life. http://www.parkingmobility.com/ 512-348-7775, Fax: (512) 870-9353, https://www.facebook.com/ParkingMobility
- Phase III Mobility keeps a large inventory of handicap vans and wheelchair accessible vans. Phase III has been in the van conversion business since 1980 and has been offering mobility products since 1994. 2015 Eastern BLVD., Montgomery, AL 36117 (800) 213-8267 www.phaseiiivans.com
- Ride-Away is one of the America’s largest providers of wheelchair vans, vehicle modifications, and adaptive equipment including hand controls, wheelchair and scooter lifts, ramps, raised doors, lowered floors and specialized gas, brake and steering controls. Over 350 accessible vehicles, from manufacturers such as Braun and Viewpoint, are in stock throughout 11 East Coast locations. 855-694-7323 www.ride-away.com
- Rollx Vans is a family owned company that sells new and previously owned minivans and full-size vans directly to you. If you choose, your finished van can be delivered directly to your door. Rollx converts Daimler Chrysler minivans, the Honda Odyssey, Volkswagen Routan, and the Ford Econoline full-sized van. They also offer a wide variety of used vans with over 200 wheelchair accessible vans in stock at all times. 1-800-956-6668 Fax: (952) 890-1903 email@example.com www.rollxvans.com
- Sylacauga Handicap Inc. carries everything from scooters and wheelchairs to handicap vans with wheelchair ramps or wheelchair lifts.1304 Talladega Highway, Sylacauga, AL 35150 256-249-3717 www.sylacaugahandicap.com
- Team Adaptive Inc. is the premier exclusive dealer of BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vans in the Gulf South region. Our company has several New and Used vans in stock at each location and also will entertain any make/model trade vehicle. Our company has 15 years in the industry and look forward to working with each customer to ensure no limits of freedom exists. 1251 Bolton’s Branch, Mobile, AL 36606 251-471-1088 www.teamadaptive.com
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer, for the exact cost they paid to purchase and install qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment for transporting persons with physical disabilities.* Reimbursement will not be made in cases where the equipment and/or installation are being paid for by another source. www.toyotamobility.com/financial_assistance.html
- Vantage Mobility International has the mobility products, equipment, and accessories that make life more accessible for those with disabilities. Whether you are searching for a full-size wheelchair accessible van with a lift or a lowered floor accessible minivan, VMI have the expertise and manufacturing capacity to exceed customer expectations. Their wheelchair lifts lead the industry, and most of the handicap accessible vehicles offered are compatible with a wide range of equipment and accessories to make them even more accessible. 1-855-VMI-VANS (855-864-8267) customeradvocate@vantagemobility www.vantagemobility.com/contact-vmi
- Volkswagen will reimburse up to $1,000 on the purchase or lease of a new Volkswagen vehicle if an authorized equipment dealer installs the accessibility equipment. For more information, contact Volkswagen Customer Care (toll-free) at 1-800-428-4034, www.vw.com